Measurement is necessary to prove the effectiveness of an organization and to increase quality and productivity. Measurement can be used as a thermometer to monitor activities, as a thermostat to change activities, and as radar to serve as an early warning indicator of problems. Measurement is also a management tool to ensure that positive progress is made toward achieving goals and objectives.
This two-day seminar will equip you with a customizable process for measurement designed to drive management’s objectives. In this seminar you will learn how to strategically align a measurement program through the use of strategic and tactical dashboards.
- QAI’s Strategic Approach to Managing Quality in a Changing World
- Learning the fundamentals of measurement concepts to include the Cost of quality
- Each individual will assess their organizations readiness to measure
- Understand what are measurement prerequisites and how to address them
- Learn a five-step measurement process using measurement in decision making (management by fact)
- Learn how to deploy a measurement process
Who Should Attend
Individuals with responsibilities such as:
- Quality Assurance Analysts
- QA Supervisors
- QA Managers
- IT Managers
- IT Users and Customers
- Project Leaders
Schedule & Registration
*All listed Canada public training course prices in CAD + applicable taxes. All listed USA public training course prices in USD. Registration prices include course materials, lunch & breaks each day, and a certificate of completion. Hotel and travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Courses are private and personalized. Maximize the effectiveness of the course by tailoring the training to the specific needs and interests of your team. This ensures that the course remains relevant to your team and your unique project needs.
- Per person costs are significantly lower. Save an average of 40% – 60% on per person costs as compared to equivalent public course attendance by eliminating attendee travel costs and associated venue fees.