The role of use cases in the requirements process is examined, and best practices explored. Use cases are an official part of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) – a specification maintained by the OMG. We will examine the official UML specification of a use case and compare it to actual usage in industry. A use case template is presented and sample use cases critiqued.
- Learn how to effectively participate in Use Case development and analysis sessions
- Learn how to systematically identify Use Case scenarios to find system requirements otherwise missed that must be handled by the system and tested by the test team
- Learn how to systematically derive test cases and test procedures from use cases
- Understand the role of Use Cases in UML and the various industry approaches to Use Cases
- Learn how to structure use cases to improve clarity and eliminate redundancy
Additional Topics include:
- Use Cases and UML
- Actor models
- Preconditions, post-conditions
- Success scenarios, failure scenarios, alternate courses
- Domain analysis
- Essential use cases, Concrete use cases
- Actor goals
- Writing Use Cases
- Use case template
- Extends, includes, generalization, uses
- Use Case to Test Case
- Test scenarios
- Use Case Guidelines and Pitfalls
Schedule & Registration
*All listed Canada public training course prices in CAD + applicable taxes. All listed USA public training course prices in USD. Registration prices include course materials, lunch & breaks each day, and a certificate of completion. Hotel and travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Courses are private and personalized. Maximize the effectiveness of the course by tailoring the training to the specific needs and interests of your team. This ensures that the course remains relevant to your team and your unique project needs.
- Per person costs are significantly lower. Save an average of 40% – 60% on per person costs as compared to equivalent public course attendance by eliminating attendee travel costs and associated venue fees.