The overview to CMMI®-DEV Ver. 1.2 Staged Representation course introduces participants to CMM® Integrated Model and its fundamental concepts. The course discussion emphasizes understanding of the five maturity levels and the 22 Process Areas (PAs) of the model. The course details the staged representation, while presenting an overview of the continuous representation.
The workshop will help the participants to:
- Understand the CMMI® framework
- Understand the detailed requirements of the process areas in the CMMI®
- Make valid judgments regarding the organization’s implementation of process areas
- Identify issues that should be addressed in performing process improvements using the CMMI®
The workshop follows lecture supplemented with illustrations. The instructor maintains a high level of student interaction and discussion to satisfy the student’s needs in their work environments. Extensive experiential learning and cases studies will be integrated in the workshop proceedings.
- CMMI® Framework – Process, process improvements, process capability, process maturity, the CMM®s and the integration project, systems and software engineering, Models, constellations, additions, about CMMI® Development
- Structure of CMMI® Development – CMMI® documentation structure, Staged & Continuous Representations, Maturity & Capability Levels, Structure of a Process Area – process areas, specific goals, generic goals, specific practices, generic practices as well as other components
- The Staged Model – The maturity levels, increased process visibility across the maturity levels, behavioral characteristics of each maturity level
- CMMI® Road Map & Appraisals – Initiation, gap analysis, process enhancement and implementation, pre assessment, assessment team training and SCAMPI(SM)
- Maturity Level 2 Process Areas – Requirements Management, Project Monitoring and Control, Project Planning, Supplier Agreement Management, Configuration Management, Process & Product QA, Measurement & Analysis
- Maturity Level 3 Process Areas – Requirements Development, Technical Solution, Product Integration, Verification, Validation, Organizational Process Focus, Organizational Process Definition, Organizational Training, Integrated Project Management, Risk Management, Decision Analysis & Resolution
- Maturity Level 4 Process Areas -Organizational Process Performance, Quantitative Project Management
- Maturity Level 5 Process Areas – Organizational Innovation & Deployment, Causal Analysis & Resolution
Who Should Attend
The workshop is meant for practitioners and the managers in your organization. It is specifically useful for organizations planning for CMMI®-DEV Ver 1.2 staged representation appraisal or transition from current CMMI® V1.1/ SW-CMM® v1.1 Maturity level to CMMI®-DEV Ver 1.2. Individuals coordinating process improvement in your Organization (SEPG(SM)) and those who may be participants in an Appraisal find it useful.
Schedule & Registration
*All listed Canada public training course prices in CAD + applicable taxes. All listed USA public training course prices in USD. Registration prices include course materials, lunch & breaks each day, and a certificate of completion. Hotel and travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Courses are private and personalized. Maximize the effectiveness of the course by tailoring the training to the specific needs and interests of your team. This ensures that the course remains relevant to your team and your unique project needs.
- Per person costs are significantly lower. Save an average of 40% – 60% on per person costs as compared to equivalent public course attendance by eliminating attendee travel costs and associated venue fees.