The primary objectives of this course are to introduce and instruct Test Leads on the value of test and QA measurement and how to use these tools to improve the overall quality of projects. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify important measurements to track and utilize, which align with business objectives.
- Determine the value of various development and testing processes using measurement as the basis for decision-making.
- Manage the scope and resources of a test effort to ensure an application is as thoroughly tested as possible.
- Provide quality and progress feedback throughout a project.
- Prove the contributions and demonstrate the value of QA and software testing to the organization.
- Assess the risk of component or application failure prior to release to production.
- Test Measurement Background – An introduction to basic measurement concepts, why measurement is important, and definitions of terminology.
- Value of Test & QA Measurement – A review of industry recognized measurements and values and how they can be used to show ROI of various processes, particularly in testing.
- Test Measurement Strategy – A six-step approach for identifying, creating, tracking, and using test metrics based on the Goal-Question-Metric (GQM) model.
- Base Measurements – Ten basic measurements easily tracked and used to derive more sophisticated test management information.
- Key Test Metrics – Eleven metrics with formulas that make managing and communicating the status of a test effort easier for Test Managers and Test Leads.
- Managing with Test Metrics – Two graphs, the Rayleigh Cumulative Distribution Function and the Zero Bug Bounce, used to closely manage the test effort. Examining and interpreting measurements to make improvements to a test effort as well as future development efforts.
Who should attend
- Test Analysts
- Test Leads
- Test Managers
Schedule & Registration
*All listed Canada public training course prices in CAD + applicable taxes. All listed USA public training course prices in USD. Registration prices include course materials, lunch & breaks each day, and a certificate of completion. Hotel and travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Courses are private and personalized. Maximize the effectiveness of the course by tailoring the training to the specific needs and interests of your team. This ensures that the course remains relevant to your team and your unique project needs.
- Per person costs are significantly lower. Save an average of 40% – 60% on per person costs as compared to equivalent public course attendance by eliminating attendee travel costs and associated venue fees.