Foundations for Test Automation
This two-day interactive tutorial on the critical foundations of test automation will focus on improving your test automation skills. Topics presented will cover best practices, planning, automation script development and maintenance, right through to implementation. Lessons will include: basic programming skills; an overview of common features of automation tools; test automation script development and maintenance; framework and implementation strategies; best practices; automation methodologies; and technical tips and techniques. Completely “tool agnostic”, all lessons are structured so that you’ll realize value regardless of the automation solution in use by your organization. Interactive participation, written exercises, and real-world case studies will be utilized to enhance your learning experience. This tutorial will assist you in decreasing automated test development cycles, increasing the success your organization can realize with test automation, and increasing your value as a software test engineer.
Key Learning Points
- Introduction to basic programming logic using pseudo-English code
- The automation planning process
- How to choose an effective automation strategy
- Anatomies of a “test case” and “test requirement” and their influence on automation
- Test automation approaches and strategies
- Automation framework
- Key-word driven
- Requirements Based Testing
- Risk Based Analysis
- Automation script design for effective and efficient automated processes
- Tips to decrease script development and maintenance
Schedule & Registration
QAI Members receive a 10% Discount on public training course registration! Learn more about the benefits of becoming a QAI Member.
*All listed Canada public training course prices in CAD + applicable taxes. All listed USA public training course prices in USD. Registration prices include course materials, lunch & breaks each day, and a certificate of completion. Hotel and travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee.
Provide the best training at the best price for your organization by hosting an on-site training with QAI Global Institute’s expert instructors. The benefits of on-site training are many:
- Courses are private and personalized. Maximize the effectiveness of the course by tailoring the training to the specific needs and interests of your team. This ensures that the course remains relevant to your team and your unique project needs.
- Per person costs are significantly lower. Save an average of 40% – 60% on per person costs as compared to equivalent public course attendance by eliminating attendee travel costs and associated venue fees.
No Obligation Quote
Contact us directly to obtain a no obligation cost quote for the on-site training course(s) of your choice.